"Anytime you can re-use something instead of buying a new item to replace it, you've done a good deed for the environment."- 100 Ways to Save the World by Johan Tell
My absolute favorite objects to reuse are glass bottles. I love the look of putting a freshly home cut flower in them. It really brightens up the room! Try it. :)
I think we need to take a step back and realize how we buy things. Ask yourself before you buy that new _______ that you have been dying to have. Do you really need it? Can you make it yourself? Most of the time the answer is that you can make do without it.
If you really do need that new _______ make sure that it is durable and will last. Is it coming from a company that benefits your community?
Making your own things is fun! I love to make envelopes out of old paper. I rummaged through the family library and found a really old map book that I decided I would use to make envelopes! They have turned out really cute. The best result of a handmade object is the fact that you made it yourself!
In the magazine Real Simple there is a section called "New Uses For Old Things". They come up with such creative ways to reuse everyday household items.

Happy reusing!

No comments:
Post a Comment